Wednesday 10 August 2016

World Number One Ping Ponger Tips Aruna To Rule The World

 
The man who ended the fairy tale run of Africa's numero uno ping ponger,Aruna Quadri in the quarter final showpiece that produced the longest rally strokes,Ma Long of China,has labelled Aruna an emerging force in Table Tennis.
 
Ma Long  won with a  with a comfortable 4-love  in a match the Chinese totally dominated to win in straight sets 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7.
 
World’s top player, Ma Long Aruna Quadri from getting a medal after his heroic performances at the on-going Table Tennis event of the Summer Rio Olympics but confessed that the Nigerian was world class .
 
Hear him: "He’s a very good player. I respect him a lot and he gave me a good game. He is a good player for the future’’,  the Chinese player known for his highly technical game and devastating serve".

And After losing his quarterfinal tie against China’s Ma Long, Brazilian fans on Wednesday honoured Nigeria’s Aruna Quadri by singing a befitting birthday song for the Nigerian who turned 28 on August 9 during the ongoing Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.
 
The 2014 ITTF Star Player also believes his performance has boosted the chance of African players in their quest to win Olympics medals.
 
An elated Quadri said: “"They were really good singers, I was so happy seeing them singing for me, it's an amazing thing."
 
However,he admitted the superiority of Chinese superstar, “MA Long is so much better, so much faster, everything is just perfect about MA Long while his speed was just too much for me. It was not going very well for me tonight and I had a lot more difficulty receiving his service. He was stronger and faster, everything was just too perfect about him."
 
With his feat in Rio, Quadri believes this would inspire African players to aim for Olympic medals. "I believe that it is possible for an African to win Olympic medal in table tennis because nothing is impossible to go there, and not just me. I strongly believe there are some upcoming players in Africa, including Omar Assar, and some  Nigerian players who could be able to easily match my record with hard work."


No comments:

Post a Comment